Key Tasks a Corporate Law Attorney Helps Startups With
If you are starting a business, you should speak with a King of Prussia corporate law attorney to find out how to get your company off on the right foot. The decisions which you make initially as you organize your company and open its doors can affect both your company's long-term future and your personal financial security. Getting the proper advice can save you hassle, heartache, and financial devastation in the future, so you should be sure to reach out to an attorney right away.
Curley & Rothman, LLC provides comprehensive assistance to both startups and established businesses which need a King of Prussia corporate law attorney. Our legal team does many different things to help startups so they can move forward with the proper legal structure and legal protections in place. Give us a call today to learn more.
Key Tasks a King of Prussia Corporate Law Attorney Helps Startups With
The Small Business Administration provides a checklist of steps which startups need to take to put their business on the path to success. An attorney can provide assistance with many of these steps including:
- Writing a business plan: Your lawyer can assist you in determining what a business plan should include and what steps you should take when making your plan.
- Selecting a business location: Getting legal help with this process is important as you need to know zoning and licensing rules in your desired business location.
- Financing your company: There are different options including government-backed loans, research grants, venture capital investors, and loans. Your attorney should review financing agreements, loan terms, and agreements with investors.
- Determining the legal structure of your business. This is one of the most important things that your attorney should help you with. Your lawyer can assist you in deciding whether to operate as a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, LLP, S-corporation, C-corporation, or other type of business structure. There are pros and cons, different tax treatments, and different startup requirements for each business organization.
- Registering a business name. You need to protect your company name and make sure you can sign legal documents in the name of your company by registering a Doing Business As name.
- Registering for state and local taxes. There are myriad different tax requirements to comply with. You must get a tax ID number, purchase workers' compensation insurance, purchase unemployment insurance, and purchase disability insurance. You may need to pay quarterly taxes and withhold payroll taxes from your employee's paychecks and send the money to the IRS. Your attorney will explain all of these tax obligations.
- Getting business licenses and permits. Permits vary depending upon the type of business you are operating.
- Understanding your responsibilities as an employer. You need to know what the requirements are for avoiding discrimination, paying workers, complying with overtime rules, and providing a safe workplace environment.
These are just a few of the many different tasks which a King of Prussia corporate law attorney can help with. Depending upon the type of business you operate, you may also need to seek protection for intellectual property, create buy/sell agreements and partnership agreements, create employment contracts, and take a number of other steps to get your business on the path to success.
Why Seek Help from an Experienced King of Prussia Corporate Law Attorney
An experienced King of Prussia corporate law attorney knows Pennsylvania laws and can help you to comply with them. Your attorney also understands federal obligations imposed on businesses and can provide assistance in understanding what all of the different laws require of you.
In addition to providing you with advice on fulfilling your regulatory obligations, your lawyer can also review contracts, help you to use legal tools to protect your investment in your business, and assist you in making sure that your personal assets are not affected by business debts or any lawsuit against your business. The guidance your attorney offers can cover virtually every aspect of your start-up process so you are fully prepared for success.
Contact a King of Prussia Corporate Law Attorney Today
If you need assistance with any of the issues that startups or growing companies face, Curley & Rothman, LLC is ready to help you. Our legal team understands the Pennsylvania laws that protect companies and business owners and we will work hard to make sure you and your organization are protected and poised for growth from day one.
To learn more, contact a King of Prussia corporate law attorney at 610-834-8819 or contact us online today.