Five Key Ways Business Lawyers Help Your Company Minimize Risk
Plymouth Meeting business law lawyers help companies in many important ways. One of the essential tasks which attorneys do for business organizations is to help them minimize risks. A company that is vulnerable to litigation or other legal problems is in danger of being unsuccessful because of outside forces or regulatory issues. An attorney helps businesses to make sure they have a chance at success which is not derailed by costly legal complications.
Curley & Rothman, LLC assists with risk mitigation efforts for businesses of all sizes and for businesses in all situations. Whether you are concerned about lawsuits or have myriad other risk factors that could affect your business operations, we can provide you with the help you need to protect your company over the short-term and long term.
Startups, growing companies and established enterprises all benefit from the help that Plymouth Meeting business law lawyers can offer, so give us a call today to find out how we can assist you.
Risks Your Company Faces
Every business faces certain risks, ranging from the chances that a customer will get hurt on a premises or when using a product to the risk of a lawsuit by a disgruntled employee who claims he was discriminated against or not paid fairly. Your company could be sued, and even a claim against your business could result in costly legal fees. Your business could also be adversely affected by disadvantageous contractual agreements which don't protect you and which make profitability harder.
The job of Plymouth Meeting business law lawyers is to help you to identify the biggest risks your business faces and to assist you in taking action to deal with those risks. Our legal team helps you to identify the possible sources of loss for your business and to find ways to mitigate risk and minimize the chances of something going wrong.
Five Key Ways to Minimize Risk
Plymouth Meeting business law lawyers help your company to reduce risks in many ways. Five of the key ways an attorney can assist you in reducing the chances of problems that could affect our company's future include:
- Assisting you in insuring against appropriate risks: You need liability insurance, and you need to make sure you have the right levels of coverage. An attorney can help you to determine what policies your company should carry and what coverage you should have to ensure you are protected.
- Including indemnification clauses in contracts as appropriate: Indemnification clauses make one party responsible for compensating for or paying for losses and damages incurred by other parties. The indemnitor becomes obliged to pay when damages occur. Indemnification clauses can protect your business against many potentials source of loss. For example, indemnification clauses are useful in case of breach of warranty, contractual breach, when losses are incurred under specified conditions, and when or if third party claims are made.
- Reviewing all contracts before your company signs: Contracts are legally binding, whether you read them or not. You must ensure you have an attorney read all of your contracts and provide insight into the full extent of the bargain that you are agreeing to.
- Advising you on employment decisions and employee interactions: There are myriad laws applicable to the employer/employee relationship, including federal anti-discrimination laws. You need to know what the laws are and make sure you don't run afoul of them, or you could be sued.
- Helping you to create separate business entities: You can separate different divisions of your business into different corporate entities. This allows you to protect parts of your business if one of your corporate entities is sued or gets into debt trouble.
These are just a few of the key ways that an attorney can provide your company with invaluable assistance in minimizing risk.
Contact Plymouth Meeting Business Law Lawyers Today
With the right advice and some help with advanced planning provided by Plymouth Meeting business law lawyers, you can help to prevent legal problems and issues from derailing the success of the company you have worked so hard to build. Curley & Rothman, LLC will be there with you at every step, from analyzing risks to making use of the legal tools in Pennsylvania that can help to keep your company safe and strong.
Your business cannot afford to take a chance on an uncertain future without proper advice on risk mitigation. Contact Plymouth Meeting business law lawyers today at 610-834-8819 or contact us online to find out about the ways in which we can help you to take steps to protect your organization from whatever challenges arise.